I have wanted to reflect on my first year of Motherhood and have tried to write this post several times. I would like to share some good memories and some things I would just like to forget, but I have had difficulty getting the words out.
In the early days, I was filled with so much self doubt. Having this little person beside me, absorbing everything he saw, scared me to death. I want Camden to have a good childhood, to be a happy and loving child, to learn and experience life. I didn’t (and don’t) want to mess that up for him.
After a year, I am happy to report I have mellowed a bit. I am using my gut instinct more and have stopped reading the books. I have learned I will make mistakes (bumping his head into the door frame) and will sometimes be a second too late getting to him (eating cat vomit), but I love him.
I love him very much and I will always do my absolute best for him.
Camden was meant for me and I am so proud to be his Mum-Mum. Thank you baby boy for the most wonderful year of my life.
Some memories (good and bad):
- Camden’s ruffled bed-head when he wakes from a nap
- Changing him on the bed the first time, a river of poo, mess everywhere, calling for back-up, learning to give him 10 more minutes to finish.
- Holding him in my arms as the exact time of his birth approached and quietly singing Happy Birthday to him as he fell asleep.
- Milky breath and all those milk drunk faces he made
- Cam falling off the bed the first…and second times (bad Mommy)
- His soft hair tickling my nose when I give him kisses
- The wonderful moment shared with my Mum the day Camden came home from the hospital. Hugging and crying, Camden passes a huge amount of gas and totally ruins the moment.
- After weeks of trying to get him to smile, finally figuring out that blowing on his belly did the trick
- Watching Ron and Camden play together and witnessing the love. Amazing!
- Hearing Mum-Mum for the first time and knowing it meant me
- Tiny fingers holding my hand, tiny arms going around my neck, sloppy kisses gracing my cheek and toasty warm snuggles in the wee hours of the morning.

No comments:
Post a Comment