Sunday, March 30, 2014

Birthday Party Prep

Camden and I decided on a Monster theme for his third birthday this year.  I had been planning and working on party prep for some time, but still was far behind when the big day arrived.  Isn't that always how things work out?

I found most of these ideas online using bits and pieces from different birthday parties I found.

Birthday pinata.  Cam was thrilled with this and his only request is that the pinata have lollipops!  I made it with pull strings, 9 were fake and just pulled right out when tugged and one was the winning string.  It had a knot in it and when pulled the whole bottom came off. 



Finished Monster Pinata

I like to make Camden a birthday t-shirt each year.  I used a freezer paper stencil and fabric paint for this one.

I saw a lot of monster parties with Monster Adoptions.  I bought some fleece end cuts and made some monsters of our own.  Each one different and unique, just like the kids at the party.  Adoption certificates were a must!

Monster prints, posters and pom poms!



 


Cake!!  (I don't have progress pictures of the orange monster because I only had a hour to decorate it before people arrived for the party!)






Monster Games - Pin the Eye on the Monster and a colouring wall






No comments:

Post a Comment