Thursday, May 9, 2013

Mother's Day - For Grammie

Last weekend Camden and I crafted up some goodies to give to Grammie for Mother's Day. 

Months ago I made a fingerprint charm for myself and for Grammie.  I didn't take a picture of it though :(  I braided some embroidery floss to loop through the charm so Grammie can wear it as a necklace or she can use it as a keychain.

Camden painted a box for Grammie and I added some ribbon to it.  I think he did an amazing job at using all the paint colours.  The mess....well, it was easy to clean up and we had fun, so who cares?






And a video of our painting process:

Painting aftermath! 


The finished gift

I also printed a card that Grammie can frame if she chooses to.
I never have the right words to use when trying to express myself.  I always feel I fall short but I would like to try. 

I remember days of baking bread, hot lunches, special round bread sandwiches, backyard camping and belly laughs.  I remember being held during illnesses, hugged when sad and hurt.  I remember softness and tired hands.  I remember sadness and tears and worry.  I remember scoldings not given for my stupidity, ears open to listen.  I remember button jars, knitting needles and crochet hooks.  I remember hat shops, yarn and sewing machines.  I remember hard work, volunteerism and dedication.  I remember you Mum and I love you more than I could ever say.  Thank you for who you are, what you have taught me, thank you for everything I remember.

If I can give Camden half the wonderful memories that I have of you, then I have done a good job as his Mum-Mum.

Happy Mother's Day to the best Mum a girl could ever want.  Happy Mother's Day to Camden's Grammie!  We all love you very much!

No comments:

Post a Comment